DHC Chaperone 3.0 Interconnects
PRICED PER PAIR
The alpha and the omega. There are few interconnects out there where such attention is paid to preserving the purity of the signal. Inspired by the design of the "Complement" flagship headphone cable, which takes a cost-no-object, exhaustive approach in the design and configuration of each layer. The components of the cable are specifically designed to isolate each conductor from each other, the other channel, and the outside world, while preventing static buildup, electromagnetic, and vibrational pollution. This is a cable that will disappear into your system, elucidating all the details of the music without changing the character of your existing components.
We now offer this interconnect with Audio-GD ACSS connectors for use with the Phoenix, RE-7, and other Audio-GD products that use ACSS. This cable is a substantial upgrade over the pink mystery cables that come with the product - besides the improvements realized with an OCC copper cable, the design is much different and improved. You can choose between the old LEMO-style ACSS connector or the new 3 pin mini XLR and 4 pin regular XLR connections for AudioGD ACSS from the termination menu below.
The third evolution of our reference Chaperone interconnect. More refined than ever...
- The Chaperone interconnect features a brand new wire from DHC, available in very limited quantities. The DHC "Peptide" wire is only available here and is a custom type 2 litz construct. It features more than 100 ultra-fine strands of individually enameled 7N ultrapure Ohno continuous cast copper, with multiple sub-bundles in a type 2 "bundle of bundles" arrangement. This strand arrangement and individual strand insulation is thought to reduce AC losses and minimizes skin and proximity effect, offering an improvement over conventional stranded wire. A practical benefit of DHC "Peptide" is that it will stay beautiful forever as each strand is sealed in clear enamel. "Peptide" has a intricate rope-like appearance from the complex of strand bundles inside, with a flexible, clear polyethylene jacket that keeps the type 2 litz construct inside rigidly locked in its configuration, ensuring a lifetime of reproducible service. This wire offers performance beyond our "Nucleotide" stranded OCC copper and in this interconnect is able to perform on the level of our "RS" rectangular solidcore wires in sound quality, with the practicality and durability of stranded litz. DHC "Peptide" is the first PE-insulated type 2 litz OCC copper wire in the headphone world and is the highest-performing stranded wire we know of.
- Proprietary braid of air tubes and wires, optimized for the new Peptide OCC copper litz wire - to maintain accurate and optimal geometry for noise cancellation and signal balance
- Exhaustive shielding and dampening scheme completely isolates each conductor, featuring cotton, carbon fiber, custom foil, ERS paper, and grounded metal braid
- Â Standard on the Chaperone is our beautiful silica-fiber sleeve previously exclusive to the Complement 3.0. This material is sleeker, softer, and tougher with an eye-catching, ultra fine weave and fibers that very slightly catch the light. Â The visual impact of this sleeving is powerful yet understated.
- The standard terminations are the Vintage Audio Lab tellurium copper/carbon fiber/rhodium RCA and XLR plugs. These connectors are incredibly cool, with a design inspired by the wonderful but overpriced Furutech CF601 XLR and the Acrolink and Eichmann brands of connectors (which were the first to feature hollow pins). The hollow conductor pins on these connectors offer additional surface area for the signal to travel upon, and are machined from tellurium copper, a hard and highly conductive copper variant designed for rigidity, and are then plated with rhodium. The connectors have a beautiful, real carbon fiber decoration on the outside. These are the best connectors we know of and are way ahead of their time, but we do offer the old favorites like Furutech FP601 XLRs if you so choose. We like these plugs so much that we are going to the trouble of reterminating all of our own cables with them!
The ACSS model uses Audio-GD's own custom ACSS plugs, with options for the new 3-pin mini XLR and 4-pin conventional XLR audioGD ACSS styles.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 02 March, 2010.